Daring and envelope-pushing? THAT was the name of the game at this year’s annual MTV Video Music Awards show.
Despite all the talk about personal style, the this year’s red carpet picks felt a bit more trendy than ever before. While certain looks gave off that approach, some great custom runway looks were prevalent and THOSE are the serious fashionistas we want to focus on.
Drum roll please…..
e.Allen’s Top 5 picks are as follows:
- Emily Ratajkowski in Vintage Jean Paul Gaultier/ Her ensemble included a handkerchief dress with abdominal straps in a brilliant emerald green. Her skirt featured a rusty orange illustration of a woman diving in circles, which was a lovely artistic element to include.
- Megan Thee Stallion in Brandon Blackwood / While normally one to go overboard on sensuality, we loved this artisit’s old school glam approach. Her black column dress and coordinating deconstructed Jacob and Co. diamond choker were a welcomed change of scenery!
- Selena Gomez in Oscar de la Renta / Minus the pop of her diamond floral earrings, Selena was dressed in head to toe red. With a nude base with crimson overlay, her look had depth and the color was absolute perfection on her.
- Taylor Swift in Versace / Swifties everywhere were head over heels for the artistic black dress with halter neckline and grommet detailing. From her layered necklaces to effortless tresses, Taylor nailed her look.
- Nicki Minaj in Dolce & Gabbana / Nicki went for bridal Barbiecore approach in a pink gown….with a coordinating veil as icing on the cake! We loved the soft tone of the dress and the girly approach in contrast to the black that consumed this year’s carpet attendees!