October is the month of transition in the fashion realm. With cooler temps beginning to creep in, the need for fall wardrobe musts does as well…..and denim, my dear friends, is always at the top of the list.
In honor of our annual Denim + Drinks event, we decided to nail down the categories taking the denim game by storm this season. With SO many options to pick from, our buyers have scaled it down and tried to simplify our denim collection a bit. This season’s reigning denim trends emphasize versatility and a wear-with-anything approach, from comfortable wide-leg jeans to hardworking denim outerwear. Let’s take a peek and discuss some of our favorite 2023 fall trends and give you some tips on HTW them. Get ready, get set, and get denim-shopping ready!
- CROPPED//Slightly cropped jeans in straight and kick-flare silhouettes are the resounding style for insiders who value their fall shoes as much as their denim. With ballet flats and loafers at the forefront, these styles allow for those leading shoe choices to show. Pairing them with a casual button down or tailored blazer is a wonderful complement to the shape.
- FLARE//A good 70’s vibe is a welcomed fall addition. We are loving this style in darker washes and brands like Frame and MOTHER have most certainly nailed this cut. By pairing with a turtleneck or more streamlined, body-con top, the billowy fill of the flare works just perfectly.
- WIDE-LEG//We are LOVING this new trend that is gaining serious traction with locals AND celebs, alike. This denim style serves the dual purpose of taking up a lot of space while also feeling like a relaxed blanket thrown across your legs. Most designers call theirs “extreme” wide-legs; therefore, these are best styled with a more understated top like a ribbed cotton crop.
- CARGO//The detailing this denim option provides adds such dimension and interest to an everyday outfit. Cargo denim is another vital trend offshoot from the Y2K aesthetic….but honestly older generations can in fact nail this trend as well. Pairing with a COH button down or a sleek top and pumps for evening makes this look versatile and work well for almost any age.
- CREAM//Hues of weather-appropriate white denim are everywhere this season. We are loving the creams and ivory ensembles we are seeing and how this color adds excitement to our annual denim capsule. From denim on denim pairings for a bold, overall look to sneaking in just the right subtle flare or distressed hem, nailing the right way to sneak in some cream this season is a goal easily achieved with our stylists’ help.
Integrating GOOD denim is an annual “need” in all of our current wardrobes. Now is the time to buy and hopefully our suggestions help get the ball rolling for you.