The “balletcore” concept of 2023 is one to not be missed. While some trends are one-month-wonders, others remain prevalent throughout a longer period of time, and this one is certainly one of those.
So….what is it exactly. Overall, balletcore is everything from ladylike skirting to satin tops to bodysuits to wrap-tops and cardigans to, of course, ballet flats. Essentially, the aesthetic is comprised of anything feminine and comfortable that allows you to move freely like a dancer. Evoking grace and romance, there is little reason to question why fashion brewed an obsession with this desired art form this year!
The dancewear-inspired aesthetic is actually even dominating TikTok. By featuring everything from trend predictions to get-ready-with-me videos, balletcore is spilling over into hair and makeup aesthetics and not a solely living in fashion land. Sleek buns an dramatic, doll-inspired make up placement make this theme one that touches just about every area.
Let’s peruse how our buyers hones in on this style with our own inventory check list. It’s safe to say that when the curtain rises, they will have your ready in no time.
e.Allen Balletcore Musts….
- The classic cardi//Made in the most perfect shade of baby pink, this cardigan will take you from fall and into spring with ease. This lightweight, button-front cardi is delicate and sweet in the most perfect of ways.
- The tulle topper//French Connection nailed it with this top and coordinating dress. Be it in the pastel color way to project innocence or the black for a more dramatic effect, adding some tulle to your wardrobe will hit a fashion high note for sure.
- The feminine bag//Olga Berg knocked it out of the park with this feathery bag of perfection. The dainty details are reminiscent of a ballerina’s key characteristics.
- The bow//Perfect for holding back that hairstyle JUST right, e.Allen fell for hair adorned with bows in a big way.
- The flat//Marc Fisher made the perfect flat. Easily paired with denim and dresses alike, Fisher’s ballet flats are the epitome of balletcore.