Summer and reading often go hand in hand. For e.Allen team members, the sun brings about the desire to relax and unwind with a good book.
Upon discussing some of our favorite reads, one of our HQ members thought it would be too fun to share what we are reading and determine a look that evokes that book’s style. Up to the challenge, we decided to pair a book’s storyline with THE perfect accompanying look. Books entertain us and take us to a land beyond what’s directly in front of us….and fashion should, too!
Megan’s Pick//The Silent Woods
- A father and daughter living in the mountains must deal with the ghosts of their pasts. Filled with suspense, this book by Kimi Cunningham Grant is a thumb’s up. Our modern take on the traditional cargo pant is available in 2 color ways and carries the feel of this book to the tee!
Katy’s Pick//I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness
- A dark, yet funny, plot following a woman named Claire who revisits the complexity of family, marriage, motherhood, and every single thing in between. Our forgiving Mikoh dress is the perfect postpartum option to wear that Claire would likely to have worn on her soul-searching journey.
Lex’s Pick//Same Time Next Summer
- Sometimes, the perfect set up is just too good….am I right? As soon as you think things cannot get any better…..things often don’t. This summer setting is on point with this Annabel Monaghan novel beach read that is a tale of romance and reading into when to give in and when to go with your gut. Our Monrow Hooded Gauze dress is destined to be one of the main character’s go-to’s.
Bailee’s Pick//It Ends With Us
- Colleen Hoover nails it every single time. The workaholic lead has a too good to be true romance going for her; however, she just can’t stop thinking about her first love. This book is SO good, Blake Lively has been tapped to star in the upcoming movie! Lily, the business-minded Bostoner, would be perfectly suited up in one of our Farm Rio pant suiting options.
Maggie’s Pick//Wrong Place Wrong Time
- The NY Times best seller earned a huge nod of approval from Reese Witherspoon, herself. With an astonishing mother-son relationship at it’s epicenter, this storyline will keep you on edge and with hope until the very end. This murder mystery thriller has us grabbing for our Winnie blazer in honor of the main character’s lawyer occupation that is put to the test in the most heartfelt way.