The ballet trend is on for fall 2023. While ballet flats tend to be getting the most notoriety, a sleek hairstyle reminiscent of those doing leaps and turns across a stage isn’t that far behind.
If you have dreamt of being a ballerina when you were younger, or just enjoyed watching “The Nutcracker” every holiday season, now is the time to live out that fantasy. The “balletcore” aesthetic is on the rise, and e.Allen is loving it. Paired with a coordinating flat and pulled together ensemble, we can have you ready to hit any fashion stage this season.
Those who grew up in dance classes will find this updated twist on the signature ballet bun to be a lot less stiff and structured…and with WAY less hairspray:). What didn’t change, however, is the minimal, soft, and uncomplicated vibe. Picture a dancer combing back their hair and securing it in a breezy manner before running out of the door to class.
Ballet buns can be worn anywhere on the back of the head. Be it high, low, or directly in the middle, any personal preference is the path to take. The style is perfect for all hair types and textures and can be adapted as needed to fit.
So…let’s narrow down the list of products that are being deemed as must-buys. Rather than getting caught up in the ballet frenzy, the following are some key products that are worth the minimal wallet hit.
- Ballet bun kit//For the fall fashionista who just needs it spelled out for them, THIS kit by BLOCH is a must. Every single item one might need is enclosed int a tiny tin.
- Beachwaver Wrap Up//Another product is available that makes the bun making process ever-so-effortless.
- Hair Wax Stick//To hold each and every hair in place, this wax stick is easy to use and reapply if needed. For a sleek, pulled back classic bun, this wax is actually perfect.
- Mixed Chicks Balm//Giving hair a firm, yet flexible, look is super easy with this product. It provides taming and sleek styling for buns, ponytails, and up-dos.
- Twists by Kitsch//One last product worth pushing are by hair extraordinaire Kitsch. With 3 “corkscrews” per pack, this is a way to achieve a quick top knot or slick back bun at the base of your neck.