Start spreading the news. The forecast for the approaching fashion season is sooooo good.
From Atlanta to New York, e.Allen founder and lead buyer Elizabeth Allen heads off to market in search of the best pieces to bring back to Tennessee JUST for you. While it sounds fun, which it certainly is, the process of going to market is such a process that needs perfect planning and precise execution. With a myriad of options, Elizabeth heads into the market game with key players (aka clothing lines) in mind, while leaving some wiggle room for exciting must-haves that catch her eye. She and Megan, our other key buyer, do an amazing job mixing classic with just the right amount of modern flair.
With collections arriving daily, it is safe to say these fashionistas have done their job–and done so extremely well. The following are some of the main trends spotted at market making their way into the e.Allen brand this spring:
- BEIGE – The key spring color load up on this time of year. Take it into the summer and later into the fall, this basic color is as transitional as they come yet so much more interesting than your basic black or white. It warms your look up as the temps increase, for sure!
- DENIM – Hems are huge this season…and actually flattering. The length of the standard crop has extended, elongating the leg which has us all happier than the dated shorter length. Cut offs remain popular with the casual crowd and new, embroidered options are sure to be head turners.
- THE COLOR WHEEL – Think light brights and fruit loops, ladies. Pops of color are great ways to add a new element to your closet. A vibrant marigold top. A neon pink blouse. Using an eye catching hue is key this spring to updating your style.
- WELL-SUITED – The blazer and pant combo is on point. Plain and simple. This look does not solely belong in the board room anymore. Orange, lavender and other options are already available at all 3 locations….and there’s a reason.
- FESTIVAL – Peasant and light-weighted looks were everywhere during New York Fashion week. A boho-chic look always seems to look and feel just right as we shed our winter layers. Such an effortless vibe just welcomes the season. Show Me Your Mumu and Free People consistently produce great options for this feel that our customers stock up on year after year.
The areas listed above are just a sampling of market must-haves. Contact any of the three leads at one of our locations and let them get you going in the right direction sooner rather than later. These trends go just as quickly as they arrived!