While all women LOVE a good swimsuit, I think we can most certainly agree that finding the right one is almost impossible. Between the fit being right, the colors being on point, and the style falling in line with our own original style, the checklist a lady goes down before swiping her card to purchase a swimsuit is a daunting one, indeed!
In 2021, swimwear trends are getting a much-needed makeover. After what we endured last summer in 2020, we have all earned the rights to a good summer AND an even better swimsuit! e.Allen has spotted the following trends and what we have on OUR radar is as follows:
What to Watch for….
- Cut Outs – Expect to see cut outs in some sly spots. Rather than large, “look at me” areas missing fabric, designers are opting for a more subdued approach.
- Sophisticated Animal Prints – Again….subtle is key! From tonal leopard to a mixture of browns/tans/blacks, understated animal is the route to go. Bold is on the way out.
- Asymmetry – Find the cut that highlights YOUR best areas. This season, body-hugging asymmetrical cuts are taking it to a whole new level. They not only accentuate the curves of the body, but they also transform your boring swimsuit into a fresh new style.
- Retro – Peace, love, and happiness is just what the doctor ordered….or at least swimwear designers did! Be it a groovy two piece or a vintage-inspired one piece, adding a dose of the 70’s is in style either route you choose.
- Underwire – A little bit goes a long way. Looking proportionate and figure-savvy has gotten a bit easier. Insert….underwire!
While the above trend forecast doesn’t hit ALL of the musts for swimwear 2021, grabbing at one that sticks out certainly can begin steering you in the right direction. e.Allen will actually be carrying Solid & Striped via trunk show this weekend as well as in the weeks to come while supplies last. This line is a fave of Elizabeth Allen, our beautiful and fashionable founder and CEO, and the selection they sent to our stores is simply amazing. Pop by or contact us and let us help you find THE perfect suit for summer. Who doesn’t want to make a big splash…am I right?!