A modern revival of a 70’s trend is circulating within the summer fashion scene. While crochet is often a free-spirit favorite, it is MUCH more versatile than what one might think. Regardless of your age, body type, or normal approach to style, integrating crochet into this beat-the-heat season can be a fun fashion pool to dip your toes into.
So let’s get to it. Wearing the crochet trend this summer can be accomplished in many ways. From a big fashion punch to sneaking it into an ensemble, e.Allen has you covered. Let’s look at a few fresh arrivals that we have received and discuss the best ways to work them into your summer line up.
- The Kate Dress – The Shirt is a great new line our brand has picked up for 2021. On this particular lemon print dress, crochet is added between the tiers in a subtle way. So….if it’s your first time working with crochet, this dress is perfect! Pop on some white braided sandals and some sunnies and go!
- The Cotton Pointelle Tank – Coming in a variety of colors, this 525 America tank is such a good seasonal staple. Pair this crochet top with some good Citizen of Humanity shorts or cropped denim and anchor the ensemble with our Marc Fisher flats embellished with silver link detail. Outfit complete!
- Summerly Mini – Show Me Your Mumu nailed it with this one! If all-over crochet is what you are going for, here you have it! While updated with tighter detail, this striped dress was made for hot summer nights. With the shorter length, we suggest a flat shoe like our Billini number in bone.
- Summerly Midi – Worn as a cover up OR as a dress with a skin-tone dress to line, Show Me Your Mumu made a white dress option that can be worn as needed. It’s the longer take on the striped midi discussed above AND another solid representation of all-over crochet. Pair it with a higher heel like the Odin for a date night or slide into our new clear Chinese Laundry sandals for day by the pool.
- Sienna Top – Rails made such a yummy knit tank for summer with this one! We are loving the warm-hued color selection used against the beige backdrop on this crochet top. As our owner and CEO Elizabeth Allen always mentions, it will look insane with a good tan, fab denim, and a earthy-tone sandal to complete the look.
So….have some fun with crochet if you have not already. To beat the summer heat, it simply is a must to try!