The Emmy Awards were recently held, and the fashion is STILL a hot (or shall we say “haute”) topic abuzz on the internet. For two hours before the Emmy ceremony got underway, the red carpet played host to incredible fashion. From classic options that evoked old school Hollywood glam to designers who went outside of the traditional gown box and won high accolades, too many fabulous statements were made to even delve into the wardrobe misses.
While narrowing down the list is difficult, the following ladies certainly made their names known in the fashion realm in a good way and provided viewers with a nod of approval and an excitement that all-things-fashion have most certainly returned.
And the top 5 awards go to……
- Elle Fanning//For her very first Emmy evening, this lovely lady certainly made a lasting impression. Elle’s look was 100% complete from head to toe with Hollywood flair. From the sweetheart neckline to pristine hair and dress detailing, it was enjoyable to see someone enjoy playing dress up for their very 1st time in such a high end manner.
- Laura Linney//Black and white was a winning combo for this celeb for sure. Linney’s peplum detaining had THE perfect placement and the slight ivory hue looked insane against her fair coloring. By keeping everything else minimal, the dress made a statement on it’s own…..and did so with such feminine ease.
- Zendaya//Not only did this beauty win outstanding lead actress in a drama series, she won in the fashion arena as well. Her black ball gown was adorned with prim and proper bows at the bust line and the oversized skirting was the icing on the cake.
- Issa Rae//Cut out details were everywhere on the red carpet. Issa Rae’s black and white number, however, was a front runner for us. While the silhouette was on the sexier side, she kept it simple in a black and white, understated color way.
- Reese Witherspoon//No red carpet is complete without some glitz and glam. Witherspoon’s blue sequin column gown fit the bill perfectly. This actress seems to know what works for her body and personal style and makes wardrobe choices that suit both. By paired diamonds and an understated black strappy shoe to anchor her look, she managed to make playing safe surprisingly eye catching and current.