Cinco de Mayo is one of THE most celebrated spring festivities….and it should be, am I right?! With the eve of summer on the horizon, it’s the perfect holiday to kick back, relax, and enjoy the weather everyone has been longing for. It’s time to bring out a burst of color and go big and bold with your palette……both in fashion and in flavor!
First and foremost, let’s get you looking good for the 5th of May! A few mexi-inspired numbers that come to mind are as follows:
- Our black and tan patterned Cleobella top paired with our newest Citizen of Humanity cut offs would look so carefree and festive. Slide on some Cabana slides and voila!
- For an elevated look next week, our bright Amelia dress would make you an instant show stopper. This MISA number would be a guaranteed head turner paired with some bright Topknot earrings.
- For a more budget friendly dress, our Karlie options are always a good go-to. Be it our marigold, snake midi OR our pink, palm dress…..slip into one of these dresses and pop on some of our nude Matisse sandals for a great look.
- If color scares you a bit, our poplin ruffle top in black or khaki is SO good and SO fun! While the color is neutral, this top is anything but basic. Pair it with our white Pistola denim shorts or COH emory crops and be ready for a look that screams fiesta!
Onto what REALLY engulfs our brain when we think Cinco de Mayo has arrived….the beverages! While some of us are flocking to our local patio, many of us are trying to determine how to bring the festive vibe into our own abode. The following are just a sampling of some drink options that are sure to be a hit with you and your señoritas:
- Haus Paloma
- Combine 2 ounces Haus jalapeño grapefruit, squeezes of both a grapefruit and a lime, a splash of tequila, and some ice in a shaker.
- Pour into a salt-rimmed glass & enjoy!
- Pineapple Paloma
- Blend 1 ripe pineapple cut into 1″ chunks, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1/2 cup of jalapeño vodka, 1/2 cup Fever Tree tonic in a vitamin or good blender and strain into a glass.
- Place salt around rim and garnish with a thin jalapeño slice and a pineapple wedge. While a bit complicated….it’s TOTALLY worth the work.
- E’s Marg (perhaps our fave:)
- Line the rim of a glass with a fresh lime. Then, dip your rim in tajin seasoning for a little kick!
- Shake up 1 1/2 ounces of Mezcal or Casamigos tequila with Top Chico carbonated lime mineral water. Perhaps even add a tad more freshly squeezed lime juice?! Pour over ice and enjoy! Easy, festive, and delish!