One upside to our newfound downtime during this unchartered time of COVID-19 is that we have more time to read and delve into other areas that help improve our brain function. While extroverts are certainly hurting, introverts everywhere are cheering!
While taking care of your body physically either through exercise or what you eat is of prime importance, feeding your brain with some food for thought is as well.
- Watching the news and getting caught up in the latest mind-blowing COVID-19 numbers has happened to us all at some point during this unchartered journey. We, however, can manage the reins. Turn off the news and feed your brain with something for your intellect!
- Go back to basics. Reading a good book and getting intertwined in a fabulous plot is a great way to treat your brain. A solid book choice either via kindle or (gasp) holding an actual book can make a day that is stuck in time help hours to pass with ease.A few that caught our attention over the past few months are as follows:
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- The Price of Tides by Pat Conroy
- #Girlboss by Sophis Amoruso
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
- Tatooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
- Hillbilly Elegy by JD Vance
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Podcasts are an awesome way to get through that much-needed walk or to listen to something new while you clean the kitchen for the 100th time. Chat with your girlfriends about what they are listening to! You can use a podcast for informative information as well as just for a laugh and for pure entertainment. Whatever your brain is needing, fill it on up! A few worth mentioning….
- Decoder Ring
- Why Won’t You Date Me?
- Motherhood Sessions
- Off The Gram
- Call Your Girlfriend
- On Being
- The Baby-Sitters Club Club
- Forever 35
- Wait….Wait….Don’t Tell Me