The past year has certainly been unpredictable. Be it economy, health, political realm, or anything in between…life has been the opposite of par for the course. This unattainable sense of security has certainly overflowed into the fashion world as well. Buyers have had to adapt to virtual line viewings, storefronts have had to integrate extreme safety measures, and life as a high end women’s fashion boutique has certainly been changed from year’s prior at our own e.Allen.
Rather than being caught up in the frenzy, let’s encourage you to be efficient in your buying AND excited about your fashion options. This season of life is actually a wonderful time to look at what you have, assess your closet staples and needs, and truly focus on building a capsule wardrobe moving forward that will take you into the many years ahead.
This term, “capsule wardrobe” was a fashion term developed in the 1980’s. It’s concept is cycled line and line and season after season. Designers know that longevity and versatility are huge for consumers. A capsule wardrobe consists of your most essential clothing items, which serve as the building blocks of your closet. You can create entire looks with just the capsule wardrobe, and you can also layer capsule pieces with seasonal pieces and trendy, fast-fashion items.
These pieces truly serve as your vault…so let’s turn the magic key and unlock some amazing e.Allen pieces to invest in to help you with your
THIS SEASONS CAPSULE ESSENTIALS…
- The Trench – Hello, classic! Pop the collar or tie yourself up…whatever you do know this timeless piece is a nod to all of the fashionable greats. A trench is literally fabulous and acceptable year round and the versatile wearing options are truly endless.
- The Neutral OTK – While on the higher price end, a statement making boot can help you welcome the cooler temps in fall and winter year after year. Worn with dresses or over denim, they are a head turner and statement maker EVERY single time they are worn.
- Classic Denim – Denim is easy to dress up and dress down. Decide on the fits of denim you like by trying on multiple options. A deep indigo, a black, and a neutral white are all color ways you need to have represented in your closet.
- Cashmere Essentials – A good, luxe turtleneck or crew cashmere sweater has been an e.Allen staple for years. Our founder, Elizabeth Allen, always has a way of finding the best ones from market and brings them all in classic color ways to our store. Grey…black…creams…you name it, we have a line that represents it!
- Button Down Shirt – A classic white shirt option simply cannot ever be wrong. Audrey Hepburn…Jackie O…you name her, she wore it! While investing in looks for longevity, try on a multitude of cuts and brands to find a style that suits your needs and snag it in a few colors. While solids are an obvious essential, venture into some stripes and patterns that are understated yet will speak to others when worn.
We hope the above gets your adrenaline going and helps get you excited about your fashionable future. While life might be unpredictable, that certainly doesn’t mean your wardrobe investments need to be.